Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sally Hansen Your Skin Makeup: On Clearance at CVS!

Hi Guys!

 Must. Write. More. Posts...

Ok, I have another Sally Hansen Natural Beauty product; this one is the Your Skin Makeup. I picked this up in Ecru Beige because it looked really close to the shade I wear in my favorite foundation, Make Up For Ever's Face and Body Liquid Makeup. Yay for lines that make a pale color that's beige, as opposed to pink! I refuse to believe that I am doomed to be mostly unhappy with every drugstore foundation, so I've been slowly but surely trying a few here and there. So far, nothing has beaten my beloved Face and Body Liquid Makeup. However, this product looks pretty nice, at least swatched on my wrist! I'm excited to try this out; it'll be awhile before I can tell if I like it or not (we're talking weeks; I take a long time to make up my mind about most things, which is why I try to use everything a few times before I write a post about it, a luxury I haven't had with these because of CVS' Clearance). It doesn't have an obnoxious smell, it didn't seem to settle into my lines, and it has a dewy but not oily finish; with a layer of setting powder, this will be just the finish I'm looking for. Also, unlike Revlon's Photo Ready foundation, there is no glitter or shimmer in this product. The bottle is pretty cute, too; it's frosted glass with a standard plastic cap and silver-toned trim, and a pump applicator. This is regularly $12.99 for 1 oz, which is about in line with most other "nice" drugstore brand foundations. However, at 75% off, I picked it up for $3.32. Awesome! According to the website, http://www.sallyhansennaturalbeauty.com/, this entire line is paraben free (also awesome, since it may or may not be linked to breast cancer), and this product has cork oak, olive leaf, and papaya extracts, as well as vitamin A, which at least sound like natural good for you ingredients :)

Here are some shots of the bottle:
Still in the package! 

I'm a sucker for frosted glass. It reminds me of something my mother would have used. 


Here's a shot of the product pumped onto my wrist; it's nice and opaque. Hopefully this will give you a sense of the consistency; it's not too runny, but it's smooth and not lumpy.

Your Skin Makeup on my wrist. 
 And here it is blended in! One pump was way too much for my wrist, so it's not blended out around the edges the way it would be on the skin. I think it's a pretty good match for me. You can see that it does a reasonably good job of making my veins less noticeable; this is definitely somewhere between medium-heavy coverage, even though it doesn't look cakey or too makeup-y.


I used flash for this next shot. It photographs pretty well, with no white cast!


I have high hopes for this makeup, even though I haven't tried it on my face yet. Hopefully I'll be able to post a follow-up review for this once I've tried it a few more times. I don't think this product is being discontinued completely, since not all of the colors were on clearance. Hopefully that means if it's a great product, we'll still be able to get it later! If it isn't... Well, for the price, I won't be too broken hearted and will just mix it with lotion to put on my legs and chest in the summer ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing what you have to say and interacting with you guys! That being said, please don't leave irrelevant links in your comments, I will not approve them. We can still click on your name to visit your blog :)