Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Physician's Formula Tinted Moisturizer: On Sale at CVS!

Hey guys,

This next product I have from CVS isn't part of their clearance deal, but they're running a  $7 off special on all of Physician's Formula's foundations, concealers, powders, and bronzers. I've been wanting to try their Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 50 for awhile, since I'm always on the lookout for products with higher SPF in them, so I grabbed this as part of my clearance haul; it was originally $15, so I picked this up for $8. Like the clearance reviews, this one is abbreviated so that if you guys want to grab it while it's still on sale, you can. However, I doubt that will be the case with this product...

First, the good: It has SPF 50 in it, which is great for protecting your skin. It has physical as well as chemical blockers in it; physical barriers are safer, but tend to leave a white cast on the skin. This is also supposed to provide lightweight hydration in addition to sheer coverage. I thought this might be great for days when I'm in a hurry; it's moisturizer with SPF and coverage all in one! While this may be true in theory, I don't think this will be true in practice. Why, you ask? Well, let's get to the photos... You'll probably notice how darn greasy this formula is right off the bat!

So, here's the package:


It's recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation!


Here's a shot of the active ingredients:

Tinted Moisturizer's Active Ingredients
 The bottle out of the package. It's an obnoxious orange and a kind of ugly package. Not my style, oh well, doesn't matter if the product is good.


Here's what the dallop looked like straight out of the bottle; you can see that it's about the consistency of lotion, not as solid as a cream.


And this is what happened when I rubbed it in. Ack! It's so shiny!


Look at how greasy that looks. Yuck.


You can really see the shine in this photo, and the difference between my bare skin and the product. It's pretty dramatic, and it didn't seem to lessen as the product soaked in.

So, for this to maybe work, I'd have to really load on the powder. I'm still going to try it on my face some weekend day, and I might decide that it's good enough to be worth wearing during the summer when I'm out in the sun all day, but I'm really unhappy with how greasy this product is. It's a better consistency than most sunblocks with this kind of SPF coverage, but I don't know how I feel about this as a makeup item. I'm going to try to come back to this with a better review and a rating after I've had the opportunity to use it some more, but I wanted to get this up here in case any of you wanted to run out and grab one (maybe you love powder and blotting paper?) or if there were any other Physicians Formula products you wanted while CVS is running their sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing what you have to say and interacting with you guys! That being said, please don't leave irrelevant links in your comments, I will not approve them. We can still click on your name to visit your blog :)