Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Rimmel Eyeful Eye Glistener Pencil: on Clearance by CVS!

Hi All!

This next blitz post is for a Rimmel Eyeful Eye Glistener, a sort of eyeliner pencil, in the shade "Straight Laced." It's an iridescent lavender shade. This product was 75% off on clearance at CVS! This brought the price down from $7.29 to $1.95. The formula is a little on the greasy side, and doesn't seem to dry down; I think it will crease if used as an eyecolor, and smudge even if it's just used to line the eyes, which is a shame because it's so pretty. However, if used over a primer or base and set with a powder shadow or a light dusting of translucent powder, you might have some hope of wearing this, but I still don't know if it would last all day if worn like this. As with the rest of these Clearance blitz reviews, I haven't had the opportunity to actually test how these products wear, just to take a quick look at them and check out the formula, so I'm basing this on my experience with cream eye products of similar textures, not actual experience with these Rimmel pencils. However, the color is lovely, and for the price it might be worth experimenting with to make it work, if this is your kind of a thing. There were a few other colors on clearance for the same price, too, if you like the effect.

Ok, here's some pictures. This is what the pencil looks like :





And here's a swatch of the product itself. It looks drastically different on the skin than in the pencil. It's a really lovely shimmery purpley-pink with a gold flash.



Too bad it feels kind of tacky and greasy, otherwise it would be an awesome find! As is, it's not bad for the price, but still a gamble; I can't imagine paying full price for this! I'd have been disappointed if I spent $7 on something that is so likely to crease and may be difficult to work with. However, I wouldn't blame you for picking it up while it's on the clearance price; it's a gorgeous color, and I think with a base and a dusting of translucent powder, it would be do-able, if not exactly waterproof or crease-proof.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing what you have to say and interacting with you guys! That being said, please don't leave irrelevant links in your comments, I will not approve them. We can still click on your name to visit your blog :)