Monday, January 17, 2011

L'Oreal Infallible Le Rouge in Brazen Bronze

Hi Dolls,

I've got another lip color for you today. As you may have noticed, I have been big into lipsticks lately; I focused on eye colors for so long and am now rediscovering the joys of building up an extensive lip collection. So, understandably, when I saw that L'Oreal has a new lipstick formula, I had to try it. I've used their regular lipstick (the Colour Riche line) formula before, and it's fine, but nothing special; a bit on the waxy side. And I've used their old Infallible lipstick, which had nice wear time without feeling like a mask the way the liquid long-wear lipsticks can, but it was still a bit on the dry side. I don't necessarily think that this new formula is longer wearing than most average lipsticks, but it feels great! It is so creamy, and goes on opaque and smooth in one swipe. I also didn't find the scent to be quite as synthetic as the Colour Riche L'Oreal lipstick formula; it was light and I didn't notice it once it was on the lip. These colors retail for $9.99 (but I got mine for $8.99 at Target!) for .09 ounces, which is a little less than the average product weight for lipsticks (which seems to range from about .1 to .14 ounces).

The color I tried out is Brazen Bronze; it's a bit ironically named, since it's not particularly brazen, but I think it's really pretty. It is an unusual color that seems to linger somewhere between brown, bronze, and nude; think a modern update on the trendy 90's brown lip. I love it. Gorgeous. My one major complaint with this is the packaging; it looks fine, but the rotations to get the product to twist up is different than the standard. This totally threw me off, and when I thought I'd twisted the product all the way down, I hadn't, and subsequently smushed the tip of the lipstick. Unfortunately, this happened before I took my pictures, so you'll get to see the results of this in the pictures. Promise I don't normally do this to lipsticks. Anyway, this isn't a huge deal, it's just really strange when every other lipstick on the planet seems to operate differently than this one, so if you get one of these, keep this in mind and don't make the same mistake I did! At any rate, let's move on to the pictures.

Here's the tube; it's clear plastic with a silver tube holding the actual product that is visible through the outer casing. Not super pretty, but I do like these more than the traditional L'Oreal Colour Riche lipstick packaging.

L'Oreal Infallible Le Rouge 

And here we have the product in my hand, to give you an idea of its size:

L'Oreal Infallibe Le Rouge

And you can see the smashed tip right here; it normally has the traditional lipstick bullet shape.

(Smashed) L'Oreal Infallible Le Rouge
 I was having an even harder time than usual getting clear pictures from my camera. I'm still working on this, thanks for being patient you guys; at least you can still get an idea of the shade, even if the finish is unclear. (By the way, I'd call this a satin with some shimmer- not quite a frost, but getting there.)

Infallible Le Rouge in Brazen Bronze, no flash


L'Oreal Infallible Le Rouge in Brazen Bronze, flash. 

Here are a couple of full face shots; it's a noticeable color, but definitely nothing crazy or intense, although I do think this would look lovely with a shimmery gloss over it if you wanted something fancier for night.

Infallible Le Rouge in Brazen Bronze by L'Oreal, flash


L'Oreal Infallible Le Rouge in Brazen Bronze
Rating: 8 out of 10 

I think this is a really nice lipstick formula! I've been pretty happy with it so far, and I think this particular product is versatile and gorgeous. I wish there were more colors in this line! A lot of them look very subdued, too; this is a lot creamier than most lipstick formulas I've tried (not as creamy as YSL Rouge Volupte, though, that was too creamy!), and not drying. I find lighter formulas more comfortable to wear, but this still isn't bad. It doesn't settle into lines, doesn't seem to migrate over the lip line, and for the price, you can afford to grab a couple for what it would cost you to get one higher-end lipstick of comparable quality. If you like lipsticks, I think this formula (based on this color, at least!) warrant a look, and this color in particular is a gorgeous neutral with some character.


2 comments:

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing what you have to say and interacting with you guys! That being said, please don't leave irrelevant links in your comments, I will not approve them. We can still click on your name to visit your blog :)