Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips: CVS Clearance!

Another! Another! I've got the Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Blush and Highlighter in Healthy Glow for you, next.

This was one of the disappointments from this haul. First off, as soon as I got it home and got some of the dazzle out of my eyes (at the store I was pretty blinded by all the shiny 75% off stickers) I realized mine had been tampered with. however, since I'm not a germaphobe, and people touch all sorts of stuff we touch and consume every day, I figured I'd make a go of this anyway and just wipe off the top layer of powder before I use this on my face. However, once I got to the actual product, I realized it's probably too shimmery to use as a blush; I might be able to make this work as a highlighter on top of blush, but it's REALLY shimmery, so even that is questionable. However, the color is pretty, and if you like shimmery blushes, you might want to track one of these down. I got mine in the color "Healthy Glow", and it's a very girly true pink. It was originally $12.99, but at 75% off, I got it for $3.25. Man, I'm just the kind of sucker they hope for when they put stuff on clearance to get it out of the store quickly...

Anyway, let's take a look at this product.

So. The first evidence that this was not a great idea; the "P" is upside down and there's a fingerprint in here. Hmm. Now why didn't I see this before I grabbed it up in my mad rush for the Revlon display?

NOT TAMPER PROOF PACKAGING. NOT. 
 If not Fort Knox, the package does have some neat ideas for how to use the product, though:

And then I opened it. And realized there was exactly ONE glop of glue holding the pan to the clear compact, and it was holding it up and out of position. Hmm.
Uh Oh. 
 Here's the culprit, the only thing keeping this pan in its precarious position:

"I'm talking to you, lonesome glob of missplaced glue!" 
 I managed to kind of get the pan where it's supposed to be, but it doesn't look great.

Anyway, this next shot is a close-up of each strip swatched individually:

Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips swatch
 And here are all of the colors mixed together:

Healthy Glow Blush 
 Here are all of the swatches again:



If this is up your alley, it's a great price, but I'm a little put-off by mine having been tampered with and and the compact not seeming very sturdy. Too bad :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing what you have to say and interacting with you guys! That being said, please don't leave irrelevant links in your comments, I will not approve them. We can still click on your name to visit your blog :)