Monday, April 25, 2011

Silent Treatment by Wet n Wild

Hello!

I'm showing you Silent Treatment by Wet n Wild today! I kept hearing lots of buzz about these new Color Icon shadows on blogs, and decided to try them out. Unfortunately, it took me awhile to find one that I wanted; most drugstores around me don't carry the full line of Wet n Wild products, and so I only had a few of these to choose from. I went to K-Mart on a whim the other day, though, and I saw Silent Treatment, a trio of colors that I actually wear! And for only $2.99, I couldn't resist.

The Color Icon trios come with three colors; one for the brow bone, one for the eyelid, and one for the contour. I don't know that I always agree with the suggested placement for these colors, but I think it's a nice idea for people just starting to experiment with more complicated makeup looks. Silent Treatment comes with a mauvey lavender eyelid shade, a pale peach brow bone shade, and a deep warm brown with copper shimmer for the crease.  These colors last all day on me with a primer or base, and they're very soft- almost to the point of being powdery.

In the following pictures, I'm wearing MUFE's Aqua Cream in 16 as a base, the eyelid shade on my lid into the crease, the crease shade in the crease and over to the corner of my eye smudged down to the lash line. I have the brow bone shade above the crease on the ocular bone, but I used UD's Sellout as a highlighter right underneath the brow bone and in the inner corner. I used UD's 24/7 liner in Rockstar on the upper and lower lashline with Buxom mascara.


Wet n Wild Silent Treatment

The back of the Color Icon packaging

Silent Treatment Color Icon trio

Here are the three shades from Silent Treatment swatched! 

Wearing Silent Treatment in an eye look; no flash. 

And here's Silent Treatment with flash

Rating: 8 out of 10 

I'm pretty happy with this! The packaging is pretty flimsy, and I expect it will break sooner or later, and the shadows are a tad on the powdery side, but these are very comparable to much pricier shadows; it's one of the best drugstore options, in my opinion. I'm not sure why they chose to match up the colors they way they have, but at $2.99 a pop, I don't mind only using 2 of the 3 colors, or mixing in a fourth shade to use as a highlighter. They also don't look as vibrant on the skin as they do in the palette, but I'll have to experiment with using these over different colored bases to try to maximize the colors. Have you guys tried these out? What are your favorite palettes? I'm a fan, and if I find more in colors I like, I'll definitely be picking these up! I'm not sure I like this formula as well as my favorite eyeshadow formulas, like Urban Decay, but these are unsurpassed for the price.

9 comments:

  1. I love Wet & Wild eye palette! my area doesn't carry the whole line -..*bummer* but this looks good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just nominated you for a blog award.

    Here's the link!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you'd love the 8 pan palettes if you can find them! They have amazing texture, they're very soft. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look you've done with this palette! The colours look great with your skintone! I have resisted buying these when I see them but for the price I really should.....I've been eyeballing the Spoiled Brat one with the bright pink and black....must resist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! How do you apply makeup into your crease so that the shape is so defined? I haven't quite figured out how to do that yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everybody! Lauren, I use my finger to apply shadow (technical, I know)and I run it gently across the crease, starting at the outer corner, with my nail bumping up against the ocular bone so that the shadow is applied a little below and into the crease, but not above, and then I blend up and out, adding more shadow where I need it after. It might take a little practice to figure out how much shadow you need to load up on, and you may have to adjust the placement slightly based on your eye shape, but that could be a starting point! I'd think that on you, focusing the bulk of the width on the outside edge and tapering down as you reach the center of the eye (which is basically what I do) would be flattering! You can play with width by blending and with the amount of pressure you apply when pushing the shadow onto your lid; this is also why I start at the outside corner, so the bulk of the product goes there. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the eye makeup!

    I have a giveaway on my blog. I would love it if you could please check it out. Link to giveaway here!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. the color looks so nice..reasonably priced as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sari, you need to start posting again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing what you have to say and interacting with you guys! That being said, please don't leave irrelevant links in your comments, I will not approve them. We can still click on your name to visit your blog :)