Saturday, April 23, 2011

MAC Lipstick in Riveting Rose

Hi Guys!

I'm throwing this review up here before you can no longer get Riveting Rose, a lipstick in MAC's frost formula that was promoted with MAC's Jeanius collection, but was still available with the rest of the lipsticks the last time I checked MAC's website. If you have the chance to get your hands on it, I'd take it- it's a gorgeous color, very unique, but still versatile since it's just another take on plum/berry. There's this sort of deep royal  purple tilt in it; not quite duochrome, but something approaching that iridescent effect, and it's definitely got some shimmer going through it. It should run you $14.50 for .1 ounces of product, and is packaged just like all of MAC's other colors, in their signature black bullet case. It has the faint synthetic vanilla scent that all MAC lipsticks have, although I didn't find it to be particularly strong with this color. I have to say, I think I like MAC's frost formula much more than some of the other ones they put out; it seems to stay put on my lips better than some of the glossier textures, but I don't find it drying.

p.s., I forgot to take my glasses off for these pictures since I was only putting stuff on my lips. Sorry!

MAC lipstick; Riveting Rose

The bottom of the case

The bullet twisted up; Riveting Rose!

Wearing MAC's Riveting Rose on my lips , no flash

Riveting Rose, no flash

MAC's Riveting Rose on my lips, flash

MAC's Riveting Rose lipstick, flash

I include this one even though it's blurry since you catch some of the sparkle in this shot; enlarge it! 

Finally, a swatch of Riveting Rose on the left

Rating: 7 out of 10 

I looove the color of this lipstick! Sure, it's not a perfect formula; I'm not a fan of the scent, and it feels a bit heavy on the lips, but there's nothing wrong with it, per se. I certainly like this frost finish more than some of the other MAC finishes I've tried; it's not necessarily moisturizing, but it doesn't dry out my lips and it stays put for 4 or 5 hours on me, which is on the long side of average. This was supposed to be a limited edition shade as far as I know, but it's being shown as still available with the rest of the regular, permanent lipsticks... So that's curious. Anyway, if it's a must-have for you, make sure you get it sooner rather than later, just in case!

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore this lipstick! It was one of my March favorites. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hate heavy feeling lippies, but

    it is a lovely shade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this colour, but decided not to get it when Jeanius came out. If they still have some at my counter I might get it when I go to check out the new collection this Thursday. You look cute in your glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree, this is a beautiful shade... It looks so flattering on you! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this color! I have dark brown skin and it does compliment it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing what you have to say and interacting with you guys! That being said, please don't leave irrelevant links in your comments, I will not approve them. We can still click on your name to visit your blog :)