Saturday, April 23, 2011

Naked: Cleopatra

Hey Dolls!

Today I'm posting a quick look I threw together before work/ school the other day. I was aching for summer to be here and wanted to do something that felt more "warm-weather" than usual, but also keep it low key enough to not feel like a freak at work and in class. So, as I so often do on rushed mornings when I'm getting ready for work, I turned to Urban Decay's Naked palette. I know I haven't reviewed it here yet, and I guess it's because I feel like so many other people have done a great job of it. I love it enough that someday I may feel the urge to devote an entire post to its virtues, but for now, suffice it to say that I have found it indispensable. And I never thought I'd fall in love with a palette of just "neutrals". Anyway, I digress. I used the Naked palette as a base for my eyes, and then started feeling the Liz Taylor Cleopatra thing. Here's what I used in this look.

Face: I used MUFE's primer in green to neutralize redness, Revlon's Photo Ready foundation, and Fresh's Face Luster pressed powder.

Eyes: MUFE Aqua Eyes in 16 as a base. From the Naked palette: Half Baked all over the lid, Smog in the outer 2/3 of the crease, Sin on the inner corner and blended onto the inner 1/3 of the lid, also used above the crease, Virgin under the brow bone. I used Lola Lola, a single eyeshadow by NARS in the outer crease to warm it up a little, and then used the Sephora Collection Doe Eyed felt tip eyeliner in black to do a cat eye on the upper lash line, tapering out to avoid lining the inner corner. I used Urban Decay's 24/7 liner in Electric on the outer 2/3 of the lower lashline, extending that out to mirror the cat eye, but leaving some space between. Then I used Urban Decay's 24/7 liner in Baked to line the inner corner, lining above the black liner on top, beneath Electric on the bottom, and then filling in between the two winged lines. I finished it off with a coat of Buxom Lash mascara in black to define, lengthen, and separate lashes, and a layer of DiorShow Black Out to volumize and darken lashes.

Cheeks: I used NARS' blush in Exhibit A, avoiding the top of my cheekbone, and then used Urban Decay's Urbanglow in Wicked to highlight along the top of my cheekbone and up to my temples.

Lips: I patted Bite Luminous Cream Lipstick in Apricot onto my lips directly out of the tube and then blotted it with a tissue to give it a matte, stained look.

Et voila!

Here it is, with more pictures than you probably want and/or need:

No flash...!







And with flash!





So there you  have it! I've been digging orange-reds, lately. I did my nails to match, too:


And my sweater was that color. Hah!

At any rate, I like to think that this is what Elizabeth Taylor's version of Cleopatra would have done for a "daytime casual" makeup look ;)

6 comments:

  1. I love the Naked Palette, and this look is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this look! I don't usually wear red lipstick with eyeshadow.. but this is actually a good combo.. a red lips with gold eyes! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great look! This is a fabulous look for work and school, love the lip colour and the pop of colour on the lower lashline!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is one of my favorite looks you've done so far!!! gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty look! And your nails are cute too ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing what you have to say and interacting with you guys! That being said, please don't leave irrelevant links in your comments, I will not approve them. We can still click on your name to visit your blog :)