Wednesday, July 4, 2012

LOTD: Lady Liberty

Happy 4th of July! And... happy fourth day in July to those of you not residing in the US of A or not celebrating. I can't say I did much in the way of celebrating; this look of the day was about it! I decided that, being it's a holiday, it called for more theatrical makeup than usual sooo... Here you go!

I was going for a 1940's pin-up version of patriotic makeup. I feel like I should be in a USO show... Hrrmm, I mentioned in a recent response to a comment that I was in a musical in 8th grade called "Don't Say No to the USO" (it was as AWESOME as it sounds, believe me), I wonder if that snuck into my brain and made me do this makeup! (Who am I kidding, I'm obsessed with retro makeup looks and that's where I've been getting a lot of my inspiration lately; I probably would have done something like this anyway!)

Here's what I ended up with:


Here's what I used:



Face: Clinique Redness Solutions Base, Rimmel 25 Hour Foundation, The Body Shop All In One Face Base, Urban Decay blush in Bang, The Body Shop Bronzer in 01, Smashbox Luminzier in Flash, NYX blush in Taupe, NARS blush in Exhibit A.

Eyes: MUFE Aqua Cream in 13 as base, Urban Decay Sellout on lid and under brow bown, matte medium-brown E.L.F. eyeshadow (not pictured) in crease, NARS Outremer (in crease), MUFE Aqua Shadow in 6E to line upper lash line, Benefit Gilded on lower lash line and in inner crease, Prestige My Biggest Lashes mascara, Stila Major Lash mascara, Prestige brow pencil, Anastasia brow gel in Caramel.

Lips: Sugar Coral Lip Treatment, NYX lip cream in Amsterdam, Bite lipstick in Apricot.

Check out these INTENSE cheeks; definitely blotting a little before I leave the house today! But it's pretty for pictures :)


Eyes:


Lips! I mixed colors to get the perfect "America Red" I had in mind. I like this combination, they're already two of my favorite reds... I'll probably do this again.


Did you guys do anything special for the Fourth of July?

8 comments:

  1. Adorable! I love that this is 'Merican without having all the spangles and stars and whatnot. Gorgeous as always :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! And yes, I was trying to avoid the jingoistic side of the holiday... always seems to rear its ugly head this time of year!

      Delete
  2. Yet another beautiful look! Btw, in the first picture, did you change the lighting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, didn't change the lighting! I noticed that, too... My camera will alternately make things "brighter" as it sees fit, although on my monitor, the first picture is truer to life. My camera tends to lean a touch "yellow"; not sure if it's because my bathroom (the brightest place I can take pictures that is totally not bright enough) is painted this ugly shade of green or what... As soon as we get more settled in to the "new" (I've been here 8 months! It still feels new...) I will need to figure out a better lighting situation for taking pictures!

      Delete
  3. Love it! I really like the colour you mixed up for your lips, it definitely screams retro to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like the way it turned out.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing what you have to say and interacting with you guys! That being said, please don't leave irrelevant links in your comments, I will not approve them. We can still click on your name to visit your blog :)