Tuesday, July 24, 2012

FOTD: Sultry Secretary

Hey Guys! I couldn't find any good pictures in this bunch where I'm actually smiling... Sorry in advance. Maybe that goes with today's Face of the Day theme, the Sultry Secretary! I am feeling silly today, but it seemed to fit; I was wearing my typewriter necklace (which cracked down the middle! Eep!), a white faux-wrap blouse, and a high-waisted black skirt. Unfortunately, I didn't have anyone around to take a picture of me, so no Outfit of the Day in this post.

At any rate, I wanted to do a smokey Film Noir inspired look; retro, but with a bit of a kick. That kick came in the form of some intense shimmer on the inner-crease of the eye and a punchy off-red lip color. Take a look!


My necklace! I'm going to have to try to get some heavy-duty tape on the back to fix the crack...


Here's what I used:

Face: Clinique Redness Solutions Base, MUFE Face & Body Makeup, MAC Pro Long Wear Concealer, Smashbox Luminizing Lotion in Flash, Urban Decay blush in Bang, Tarte loose powder, The Body Shop bronzer, Hard Candy Baked Blush in Pin Up, NYX blush in Taupe, NARS blush in Exhibit A.

Eyes: MUFE Aqua Cream in 13 (champagne; above crease to brow bone and in inner corner) and 15 (taupe brown; on lid), Bare Minerals loose pigment in Unforgettable (in crease), Urban Decay 24/7 pencil liner in Bourbon, Prestige My Biggest Lashes mascara, Prestige brow pencil, Anastasia brow gel in Caramel.

Lips: NARS lipstick in Joyous Red and MAC Cremesheen Lip Glass in Richly Revered.

Cheeks!

Eyes!

Lips! 
I am really pleased with the way this came out! This is my new favorite easy eye makeup; three eye colors, and it has a lot of impact without being too dark or heavy. It kind of reminds me of a silent film star's makeup; it puts the eyes into soft focus and deepens them. 

I love this lip color, too. These are two of my favorite go-to products that are easy for me to wear, but I'd never thought of combining them. When worn together, they make a really nice blood-red tint that I am loving! 

Overall, I'm really happy with this look as an alternative to a traditional darker smokey eye and bold red lip. Can we call it a hazy eye, maybe? No, never mind, that sounds like a medical condition. At any rate, I can see myself going back to this look anytime I need something neutral and polished but don't want to look overdone. 

18 comments:

  1. really love this look! and that necklace is so adorable i can't stand it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is one of my favorite pieces of jewelry!

      Delete
  2. I really like your second picture:) and your eye makeup and lips look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your retro noir looks! Especially the neutral eye with the coral lips, it just works so well on you.

    I spy Tarte Smooth Operator Powder...best....powder EVER!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great, I love it! I got a sample of it and immediately went out and bought the full size the next time I got a coupon... They got me! They totally got me!

      Delete
  4. Great look! Also, I like your hair like that, even though maybe it's nothing special for you ahah (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful look and that necklace is so cute! Sorry that it had to crack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I know... I need to find a way to fix it! Maybe some super glue in the crack and tape on the back will do the trick?

      Delete
  6. Lovely! Cute necklace, sounds like your outfit was awesome as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah! Have you thought about doing a makeup collection?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not seriously, but I have daydreamed about it... It would be fun!

      Delete
  8. Love this look! That necklace it's just adorable! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely ! i love the lipcolor you used !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't believe I haven't reused it since this look!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing what you have to say and interacting with you guys! That being said, please don't leave irrelevant links in your comments, I will not approve them. We can still click on your name to visit your blog :)