Friday, February 25, 2011

L'Oreal Infallible Le Rouge in Unending Kiss

Hello Beauties!

I'm bringing you a review of L'Oreal's Infallible Le Rouge in Unending Kiss. I reviewed this lipstick in Brazen Bronze last month right here, and have been wanting to try a second color ever since, I was so impressed with the formula. I've been wanting an everyday pink for awhile now, so I thought I'd try one from this line! So far, I'm really happy with Unending Kiss; it's a very wearable pink; it's not too bright or dark, nor is it frosted, NOR does it read "nude" rather than pink. Like Brazen Bronze, this is part of the long-wearing Infallible line, though I didn't find it particularly long-wearing (I get about 3-4 hours of wear from it; average for me). However, its creamy (though this shade wasn't as creamy as Brazen Bronze) without feeling thick or heavy on the lips. I actually find it to be a very comfortable formula. It has a faint "makeup" scent, but no discernible flavor.  I don't find it moisturizing or drying; if you have extremely dry lips, you may want to wear lip balm under it, but otherwise you shouldn't have to worry about your lips getting dry. It is also a very opaque formula; one pass is all I need to get a nice saturation of color. I got my tube of Unending Kiss from Target for $8.99, though the official price is $9.99 for .09 ounces of product.

Unending Kiss is a pale pink with a faint gold microshimmer. It almost looks like a cream at first glance, but the shimmer keeps it looking a little fresher. The packaging is fine; better than a lot of the drugstore lipstick tubes. However, the twist-up portion of the tube operates differently than most twist-ups, with less rotations per turn. I smushed the tip of Brazen Bronze because of this non-standard twisting the first time I tried to screw it down and put the cap back on; the lipstick bullet has to basically be all the way beneath the metal tube before you put the cap back on. Just to warn you. Because I did it. And felt real dumb when I did.

L'Oreal Infallible Le Rouge

Infallible Le Rouge in Unending Kiss

The lipstick! 
 Here's the product itself; it almost looks like a matte lipstick in the bullet, though it doesn't apply like that.


And a swatch in low light!
L'Oreal Infallible Le Rouge in Unending Kiss
 Another in good light!

L'Oreal Infallible Le Rouge in Unending Kiss

Now, on my lips in good light, no flash:

Le Rouge in Unending Kiss

Unending Kiss
 And with flash:

L'Oreal Le Rouge, Unending Kiss

L'Oreal Le Rouge, Unending Kiss

Rating: 8 out of 10

I have been very pleased with this lipstick formula! I wish they'd make more colors that I want, though; so many of them look very "senior" as they are frosted neutrals. I certainly think that younger generations can pull these off, but they're not up my alley. This being said, the formula is great, and the colors I have bought have been gorgeous. Unending Kiss is a great everyday pink to wear when you want a pretty lip to compliment a bolder eye or cheek. Sure, this formula isn't as wonderful to work with as some higher-end lipsticks (like NARS or Aveda), nor does it have the luxurious scent or feel of these, but it's very comfortable and wears very nicely. I don't know that you can do better for the price; as far as drugstore lipsticks go, this is a great choice. Hopefully L'Oreal will get the hint and expand this collection to include more colors!

2 comments:

  1. "so many of them look very "senior" as they are frosted neutrals"......hahaa I laughed when I read that! Next time I'm looking at makeup when I see old lady colours I will think of them as being "very senior".

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing what you have to say and interacting with you guys! That being said, please don't leave irrelevant links in your comments, I will not approve them. We can still click on your name to visit your blog :)