Saturday, December 31, 2011

L'Oreal Infallible 24 Hour Eyeshadow Comparison Swatches (and another eye look!)

Hi All!

I just wanted to show you some comparison swatches featuring the L'Oreal Infallible 24 Hour Eyeshadow. I started looking at these colors going "You know, these are so basic, they must be really similar to something I already have!" Well, yes and no. There are definitely similar colors in my collection but, I am happy to say, no dupes. Now, I didn't dig out every eyeshadow and palette I have, but I grabbed the likeliest suspects, and I tried to swatch readily available colors that you folks might recognize or have experience with, so you'll get a better idea of what these shades look like in real life. I know, I know... This is my second L'Oreal Infallible 24 Hour Eyeshadow post in a row, but I'm really excited about these! I'm going to throw in a couple of really bad shots of another look I did with these yesterday at the end of the post, so if that's all you're interested in, feel free to scroll right on down :) It might be worth mentioning that the L'Oreal shadows stained where the others did not; the worst offenders were Amber Rush, Continuous Cocoa, and Midnight Blue. However, I haven't had any trouble getting them off of my eyes with my regular makeup remover (it's not a waterproof makeup remover, either).

On to the comparison swatches!

L'Oreal Infallible 24 Hour Eyeshadow in Iced Latte at the top, followed by Stila Kitten, Urban Decay Sellout,  Urban Decay Sin, Urban Decay Virgin

Comparison Swatches for L'Oreal Infallible Iced Latte

As you can see, Iced Latte is more yellow (as opposed to pink or peach) and more shimmery/ frosted than the others; Kitten comes closest finish-wise, but has a more of a salmon/pink base.

In this picture, L'Oreal Infallible 24 Hour Eyeshadow in Bronzed Taupe is on top, followed by Urban Decay Sidecar, Urban Decay Smog, and Urban Decay Darkhorse.


These are all fairly different; I thought that Smog would be pretty close, but it's more yellow; Bronzed Taupe has more silver in it than Darkhorse, making it lighter.

Next up is L'Oreal Infallible 24 Hour Eyeshadow in Amber Rush on top, followed by Urban Decay Baked, Urban Decay Toasted, and NARS Lola Lola


Wow, this one surprised me! I guess I hadn't realized how much pink was in Amber Rush, I thought it would be close to the way I remember Baked. Toasted is actually pretty close, but it's less shimmery than Amber Rush and has pieces of bigger silver glitter in it. Toasted has a sheen where Amber Rush has a metallic finish, and I think these are significantly different because of the finishes even though the colors are in the same ballpark. However, if you've got Toasted and don't reach for it very often, you probably don't need Amber Rush in addition to it.

Next up is L'Oreal Infallible 24 Hour Eyeshadow in Continuous Cocoa. The closest color I found in my quick look was Urban Decay Darkhorse, which is not as dark and has more yellow in it. Continuous Cocoa is on top:


And finally, the only blue I found to compare to L'Oreal Infallible 24 Hour Eyeshadow in Midnight Blue is Urban Decay's Deluxe Eyeshadow in Adore; the L'Oreal is on top:


Midnight Blue is darker and has more shimmer, and a touch more purple than Adore.

And here is the look I did using these colors yesterday:




I used NARS Smudgeproof base with Bronzed Taupe from lashline into the crease, Iced Latte from the brow to the crease, in the inner corner, and on the bottom lash line, Continuous Cocoa in the crease, and Midnight Blue smudged into the lashline on top and the outer third of the bottom. I also used Revlon Vintage Lace (a matte ivory) as a highlight just under the brow and in the inner corner to tone down the intense shimmer in Iced Latte. Haha, after I did my makeup, my boyfriend said "You did something different with your eyes than what you usually do!" Yes, I replied, and I told him I was using my new L'Oreal eyeshadows (he reads the blog, so he knew what I was talking about)! So there you have it, something different and fun!

6 comments:

  1. That Midnight Blue looks so pretty! Thanks for the swatches and comparisons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a really pretty shade! And you are very welcome, it satisfied my curiosity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always a good thing when the BF notices your makeup! Did these stain on you? ARGH, I hate that! The ones I have didn't, thankfully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Vulcan Butterfly: They did not stain on my eye, but they did when I was swatching them! Or, I should say, several of the darker colors stained. I'm not sure if the difference is that when I was wearing them on my eyes, I was putting the darker shades on top of lighter ones, and that I usually put foundation on my eyelids or what... Oh well, as long as it's not an issue, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you compared Bronzed Taupe to UD Snakebite? Great post! I'll have to try these out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you try UD Snakebite next to Bronzed Taupe? They seem similar to me. Great post! I've been deciding whether or not to pick these up for a while!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing what you have to say and interacting with you guys! That being said, please don't leave irrelevant links in your comments, I will not approve them. We can still click on your name to visit your blog :)