Monday, October 1, 2012

Sinful Colors Polar Opposites

I finally gave in and got a magnetic polish! This is Polar Opposites by Sinful Colors, and I purchased it at Target. I can't find my receipt, but I remember it being around $5. In the bottle, it looks like a grey-blue with bright blue and violet shimmer. On the nail, the magnet separates the color to make dark charcoal areas and paler blue areas. It's really pretty! The magnet it came with had a sunburst design, which I quite like, and it was relatively easy to use, although I did accidentally touch my nails to the magnet a couple of times. Oops! I did two coats, and applied the magnet after the second coat one hand at a time. 




My poor nail polished magnet
Summary: I really liked this nail polish, I'd recommend it to anyone curious about trying out a magnetic polish. 

What do you guys think? Have you tried a magnet nail polish yet? I think some of the colors are quite pretty on their own even without the magnetic effect, I could see myself wearing this one without using the magnet. 

10 comments:

  1. This is pretty! I like the magnetic design

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love magnetic polish! I always hit at least ONE nail with the magnet though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, maybe it's to keep it from being *too* easy? I have to say, the ones I hit had really pretty magnetic designs, though!

      Delete
  3. They look pretty good. For $5 some dollars. Magnetic nails arent my thing but they look good on you! (=

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't think I'll go out of my way to get any more magnetic polishes, but I am glad I got one to play around with! I had fun with it. It kind of felt like I was back in grade school doing a science experiment!

      Delete
  4. I really like magnet polishes but I ALWAYS get polish on the magnet too! I really need to dig them out, I have a lovely deep tealy green colour which is probably actually really nice for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, that sounds lovely. And I am happy to know I am not the only one who bumps the magnet!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing what you have to say and interacting with you guys! That being said, please don't leave irrelevant links in your comments, I will not approve them. We can still click on your name to visit your blog :)