Friday, May 4, 2012

Revisiting Silent Treatment

Hi guys, sorry for not posting more often this week; I have been really busy with schoolwork and trying to hit a couple of deadlines before the end of the semester.

However, I was looking for a quick eye look the other day and remembered about Wet n Wild's eyeshadow trio in Silent Treatment, which is an under-appreciated member of my eyeshadow collection that I had been meaning to revisit. You can find my original post on it here. Because I swatched it over there, I haven't done that a second time; the colors haven't changed! However, I did wear it a little bit differently this time around. In the previous post, I kept the colors fairly separate and unblended so you could see how they  each look on the eye a bit bitter; this time, I used the purple shade on my lid , blended and layered the dark brown over that and into the crease, and then used the frosty peach very lightly above the crease to the browbone and in the inner corner of the eye.



I used...

Face: Clinique Redness Solutions Base, NARS concealer, The Body Shop Face Base, NYX blush in Taupe, Hard Candy blush in Pin Up, MAC blush in Sakura Blossom.

Eyes: Wet n Wild Silent Treatment trio, Stila Major Lash mascara, Prestige eyebrow pencil, Ulta clear brow gel.

Lips: Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Decadent mixed with NARS lipgloss in Orgasm.

That's a way shorter list than usual, huh? I mentioned above that I was in a bit of a hurry... I've been doing a lot more spartan looks like this lately!


Wet n Wild Silent Treatment


Wet n Wild Silent Treatment

And there you have it! Silent Treatment is a really easy go-to total eye look. I have to say, I loved Orgasm and Decadent together on my lips; Orgasm tones down the crazy violet glow of Decadent and lends it some gold shimmer.

Do you guys have a go-to palette for quick and easy eye looks? I don't know that Silent Treatment is my perfect all-in-one palette (I'd probably choose something that leans more coppery brown!), but for what I was wearing that day, it sure did the trick!

13 comments:

  1. so pretty! i looove my wet n wild trios!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only have a couple of the Wet n Wild palettes because they tend to be brighter than what I generally wear... I wish they'd release some more neutral trios or 8-pans, I absolutely love the formula, and they're such a steal.

      Delete
    2. "Walking on eggshells" wet n wild trio is one I tend to reach for a lot.It looks meh in the pan but if you get it nice and powdery on your brush I think the colors blend together great, and they are more neutral colors.The medium taupey color and the cocoa brown in that palette make my eyes pop.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the tip, Amber! I keep passing on it thinking that I have colors very similar to the ones in that palette, but maybe I'll give it a try the next time I see a Wet n Wild sale running somewhere!

      Delete
  2. Great look with Silent Treatment! You still look so polishes even when wearing less makeup than usual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I always feel a little more put together if I can manage to put on even a little bit of makeup than I do when I go without.

      Delete
  3. It's a great look Sarah :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so pretty. I love all the looks you do...especially with the mix of subtle and dramatic looks.
    Will you follow my blog!! :)
    ldmatson.blogspot.ca

    thank u!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Silent Treatment didn't really catch my eye in the pan but it looks really nice on, it does make for a complete, pretty eye look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it? I need to use these colors more often!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing what you have to say and interacting with you guys! That being said, please don't leave irrelevant links in your comments, I will not approve them. We can still click on your name to visit your blog :)