Sunday, March 6, 2011

Love & Beauty Nail Polish in Brick

Hello!

I've been on a bit of a nail polish kick lately... I used to be completely obsessed with it, and a few months went by when I wasn't buying nail polish or doing my nails very frequently, but in the last couple of weeks I've rediscovered the joy that is nail lacquer. A recent visit to a very large Forever 21 yielded a handful of interesting and inexpensive nail polish colors... One of these is Brick, a fire-engine red with red and gold shimmer throughout. The color almost looks like a glass-fleck suspended in a jelly, but goes on opaque because of all the shimmer in two coats. I got about two days of perfect wear out of this, before my unglamorous life of tapping keys on a register and scrounging in the till for change resulted in some unsightly tip wear and even a couple of chips. However, with a base coat and top coat, Love & Beauty nail polish tends to perform just as well on me as most other nicer drugstore brand nail polishes, and maybe only a day's worth of wear worse than brands like China Glaze and O.P.I.

Brick came in a square bottle, as opposed to the usual Love & Beauty nail polish packaging (seen in my review for Aqua, here), and I didn't see any indicator of volume listed on the bottle or the label; I'm assuming it's between .3 and .5 ounces, since it looks like it may be the same size or slightly smaller than most average nail polishes, and I got it for $2.80. This color is so much fun; it has an insane amount of shimmer, and it's noticeable shimmer because of the gold strewn throughout the red base. I should also mention that, unlike colors with big chunks of glitter, this was no more difficult to remove than a cream polish.

A note on the pictures; once again, it looks like I let a three year old paint my nails. Whatever. I probably should have waited until after the polish had come off of my skin in the shower before I took these pictures, but I didn't really think about it. Also, this color looks like more of a blue-red in the pictures than in real life. It was really difficult to capture the color accurately because of all of the shimmer in this color.

Love & Beauty polish in Brick

Here it is on my nails; all of these pictures get larger if you click on them, if you'd like to see the texture and the shimmer.

Brick on my nails, no flash.

Brick on my nails, flash

Here's Brick nail polish with flash at a different angle. 
Rating: 7 out of 10 

This polish is coming in at a solid 7 out of 10. The wear was around average (maybe a little better), it applied really easily, much better than Aqua did; the polish wasn't runny or gloppy, and it was opaque in two coats. The formula may not be Big 3 Free, I couldn't find any information on this when I was googling the polish, so if you try to avoid these ingredients, you may want to steer clear. (Hah, my post on this polish was the first result when I tried to google this question again!) I also really appreciated that this particular shape bottle came all wrapped up, unlike the type that Aqua came in, so there's no way anyone could have sampled the polish in the store. Overall, I  really enjoyed this color and I'm happy with my purchase. If chemicals don't scare you and you want a cheap, fun red, run out to Forever 21 and hung this shade down!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing what you have to say and interacting with you guys! That being said, please don't leave irrelevant links in your comments, I will not approve them. We can still click on your name to visit your blog :)