Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Hard Candy Glossaholic in Gorgeous

Hi guys!

I'm continuing my reviews from my recent Hard Candy haul with Gorgeous, one of the Glossaholic lip glosses. If this is the first you're hearing about Hard Candy, it's exclusively available at Walmart now, and has abandoned its high-end ways for drug store pricing and completely new products. This was the first time I'd seen the Glossaholic lip glosses in the store, and they caught my eye; I picked up Gorgeous, which is a pale, nearly milky pink with flashy warm gold and pink iridescent glitter flakes. These glosses feel thick on the lips but are not sticky, and have a vanilla scent; they are super glossy and make lips look very full without any uncomfortable "plumping" effects. What really makes them stand out from the crowd are the holographic glitter flakes  If you remember Sally Hansen's "Hidden Treasure" nail polish, it's the same type of glitter.With such a sheer color, it's not too flashy, but I think layered over a dark lipstick this would be stunning and much more noticeable. The applicator, however, is huuuuge. It's supposed to cover each lip in one pass, but I find it hard to work with. Thankfully, this is a sheer enough color that it doesn't get too messy.

The tube!

Hard Candy Glossaholic in Gorgeous

Glossaholic is not tested on animals! 


Hard Candy Glossaholic; check out that fat applicator! 

Glossaholic in Gorgeous, no flash

Glossaholic in Gorgeous, flash! 

And here's a close up of Glossaholic in Gorgeous; enlarge to see the foil flecks! No flash.

Hard Candy Glossaholic in Gorgeous; flash! 

Rating: 7 out of 10

I would buy this product again! I dislike the scent, and I wish the applicator were smaller, but the product itself is comfortable and the effect is gorgeous. I look forward to layering it over lipsticks for different effects, and it's fun on its own for a little bit of color and a lot of shine. Let me know what you guys think of the kind of glitter in these; I wasn't sure about it, but now that I've worn it a few times, I think that I really like it!

4 comments:

  1. It looks like a really pretty color, I'm glad it's not sticky, I hate sticky glosses! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I love the glitter flakes! They look cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I just wanted to let you know that I've tagged you for a Versatile Blogger Award! Please pass it on to some awesome blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, Vulcan Butterfly! What does this entail? I will gladly pass it on to some deserving bloggers! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing what you have to say and interacting with you guys! That being said, please don't leave irrelevant links in your comments, I will not approve them. We can still click on your name to visit your blog :)