Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Party Look!

Back in the post featuring my "Bette Davis" inspired look, I told you guys that I would definitely do the look again, but perhaps with a couple of tweaks to make it look a little less literal, and a little bit more modern. Well, I went to a holiday party a couple of weeks ago and ended up doing just that! I literally opened up that post, and used the exact same products and instructions featured here. I'm not going to copy and paste all of that; if you've been following the blog, it will be redundant; if not, you'll be able to find all of that by clicking on the links I've provided above. Instead, I'll just highlight the differences. But first, pictures, so you'll have something to refer back to! ;)










So, what's different this time? First off, I blended everything on the eyes a lot more! The shading in the crease isn't nearly as dramatic. Also, I added more shimmer; I used a bit of luminizer on the cheekbones, and I used an Ulta eyeshadow in Sandstone in the crease on top of the other colors to add some shimmer. I also used Urban Decay's 24/7 liner in Midnight Cowboy to highlight the inner corner of my eyes. Finally, I didn't wear as much blush, and I only used NARS' Joyous Red  Lipstick(find a review of the product here!) instead of that unholy concoction of lip products I used in the original. Actually, I may have added a bit of Bite's lipstick in Apricot on top to make it a little oranger, but I can't remember exactly. Bad blogger, bad!  Oh, and (maybe obviously, from the pictures!), I didn't overdraw my lip line or re-draw my freckle as a beauty mark.

As for the outfit, I wore a green knit dress, crocheted black tights (they had a kind of art-deco diamond pattern!) and patent leather t-strap heels; you can kind of see my jewelry in the pictures, sparkly gunmetal beads and faux pearl studs. The outfit had a little bit of a retro feel that I thought the makeup complimented nicely. I tried to take pictures of my outfit as I was running out the door, but they came out terribly, otherwise I would show you guys! Suffice it to say that I was delightfully overdressed, and thrilled with the opportunity to wear this dress again; I've had it for a couple of years and probably only worn it 3 times, even though it's the handy kind you can dress up or dress down, and this gorgeous green to boot.

8 comments:

  1. Great look! Love how you took the Bette Davis look and switched it up a bit. Your lashes look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I've got pictures ready for a review of that mascara, it's Prestige My Biggest Lashes. One of these days I'll catch up and post everything I have photographed... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, you look so cute! This look really suits ou, and I like the necklace :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your lashes look amazing! :) I'm jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love getting all dressed up for parties! Lovely job on the makeup, the blush came out really nice! Your lashes look super long as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know, it's so much fun! I need to get out more... So I can get dressed up more!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing what you have to say and interacting with you guys! That being said, please don't leave irrelevant links in your comments, I will not approve them. We can still click on your name to visit your blog :)