Monday, January 20, 2014

E.L.F. Mineral Infused Face Primer

Hi guys, today I'm going to write just a little bit about my primer du jour, E.L.F.'s Mineral Infused Face Primer. I'm on my third bottle, but I don't know if it's something I'll repurchase again. I like it well enough, and at $6 for .49 ounces, it's pretty economical. That being said, I run through it SO quickly! I usually don't have to repurchase face staples more than a few times a year (for foundation- powder and concealer typically last me even longer!), so I don't like that every six weeks or so I'm coming up dry on primer. Another issue I have with this is that because of the type of packaging, I don't know when I'm out until I only have about three days left of use! However, the packaging is really nice for the price; it's a pretty solid feeling pump bottle, and one pump is the right amount of product to cover my face; I always hate having to do half-pumps or having excess product that ends up being wasted.


The primer itself is a smooth, clear gel that feels comparable to Smashbox's primer, but perhaps a bit "moister". It's definitely not a lotion-type primer, though; it has that velvety silicone feel that people tend to either love or hate. I don't find it emphasizes dry patches on me, nor does it pill on my face like I have seen Smashbox's primer do. It is more effective than a few higher-end primers I have tried, and keeps my makeup looking intact for my entire work day. That being said, I don't see it improve application of my foundation quite as much as, say Make Up For Ever's primer does. But it also isn't priced like MUFE's face primer.

I may try more drugstore-level primers before I decide to stick with E.L.F. indefinitely, but it's a really decent primer for a really decent price, and it plays nice with the other make up products I've used on top of it. A primer would have to be really exceptional for me to want to spend the money on a high end primer after finding such an adequate product for $12/ounce, less than half of what I had been spending on primer.

What primer are you guys using right now? Do you love it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing what you have to say and interacting with you guys! That being said, please don't leave irrelevant links in your comments, I will not approve them. We can still click on your name to visit your blog :)