Monday, November 5, 2012

NOTD: Flirt + After Party

I recently decided that, after all of my pale pink and nude manicures for work, I needed something dark and glittery on my nails! I decided on Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Flirt, a deep warm purple with shimmer in it, with Icing's nail polish in After Party on top. After Party is one of my go-to glitter top coats; it has irregularly shaped pieces of purple, blue, red, and gold glitter in it, and it is so much fun to wear.




After Party doesn't lay flat on the nail, so I needed two layers of Seche Vite to smooth things out and keep the glitter from snagging on anything. I didn't mind, though; it's so much fun to wear, and I love the way it popped against the dark background of Flirt. I think I may try After Party on top of a nude or shimmery tan (like China Glaze Fast Track or SOPI I Only Wear Vintage...) next!

Do you guys have either of these nail polishes? What do you think of them?

12 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous color combinaison, very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, I think I own After Party, but I don't think I've worn it yet. And I was so excited for it! Will have to fix that soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, you should definitely play around with it! I can't wait to see your swatches of it and hear how you like it.

      Delete
  3. Found you through your Illamasqua Growl review (looking into getting it).
    Love your blog and these nails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Coco! It's a great lipstick, if you like the color and choose to get it I'm sure you won't regret it!

      Delete
  4. Hi Sarah, I love how you've layered all the glitter toward the tip; what a beautiful effect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it is an interesting change of pace from an all-over glitter top coat!

      Delete
  5. I dont have have either one of those but after this post, I feel like I need them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great mani! Afterparty looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a fun polish! Great for layering.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing what you have to say and interacting with you guys! That being said, please don't leave irrelevant links in your comments, I will not approve them. We can still click on your name to visit your blog :)