Friday, March 16, 2012

NOTD: Pixel Public Display of Affection

Another batch of old pictures I forgot to post last month! Oops! I love this color, though; I've been wearing a lot of pinky-peachy-nude polishes lately. It feels so sleek and clean on nails, and with the weather doing flip flops, it's a type of shade that matches my warmer-weather wardrobe as well as my cold-weather duds. High of 55 degrees and I'm bundling up in a grey sweater and black scarf? No problem, my nails match. High of 78 and I feel like busting out my sandals and a coral tank top? Once again, not a problem; nails coordinate perfectly. I am longing to wear a punchy coral or a deep berry, but I can't commit to either since it drives me nuts when my nail polish clashes with my wardrobe!

I'm wearing Public Display of Affection by Pixel in these photographs. Honestly, it's a new favorite color; I love the way it looks against my skin tone. It's a pink-nude with a little bit of taupe to it, and it looks so classy on! It's a slightly sheer formula; I think it took me either three or four coats to get it to the level of opacity you see in the photographs here. Sorry I can't remember exactly, I just remember thinking about running out and buying a backup since I use so much on each manicure and these bottles are tiny at only .17 ounces. They are $2.49 a bottle at Ulta (where I buy mine), but they are often on sale for around $2. They come in a range of colors and finishes that feel very fashion-forward. I get pretty good wear on these, too; if I tend to get about 3 days of solid wear from other brands (with maybe a chip or two on the third day, depending on the condition my nails are in before putting on polish), I get about an extra fourth day of wear from Pixel. Can't complain about that! Because these are inexpensive, come in smaller bottles, and have a great range of trendy shades, Pixel is a great way to try out colors you don't think you'll wear often enough to justify buying a full size bottle of more expensive polish in. I find the quality pretty comparable to China Glaze, OPI, or Essie; a bit of a step up from  the average drugstore formula, but there's nothing truly outstanding about it.

Pixel Public Display of Affection


Pixel Public Display of Affection Swatch

Summary: I think this is a great neutral color that is really versatile, and I have no complaints about the formula, either. Because the bottles are so small, the brush has a shorter handle, which makes it a little bit more difficult to maneuver, but I don't find this to be a big problem; the cap is flared slightly so it's easy to get a good grip on it. The brush itself is full-size. Check out this brand the next time you want a fun nail polish color, but don't want to invest in a larger bottle! Available online and in-store at Ulta, although I don't see this particular shade listed on the website. It had a slot on the normal in-store display, though. 

12 comments:

  1. That is a great neutral color! Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is perfect to wear with anything! I love it. :^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous nude. I have been looking for something like this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, I am glad you found this helpful!

      Delete
  4. I like tiny nail polishes they look so cute:)its a pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, aren't the tiny bottles completely adorable!?

      Delete
  5. This looks like such a pretty nude!! Gotta give this one a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a pretty shade, you should check it out!

      Delete
  6. This is a very chic, everyday nail colour! I think it might look neat with a neon accent nail; I know that would likely not be to your taste but I'm kind of loving the whole neons and nudes trend that's going on right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, that would be really cute! You're right, I probably wouldn't rock that myself, but I love seeing interesting combos like that on other people... DO IT DO IT DO IT

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing what you have to say and interacting with you guys! That being said, please don't leave irrelevant links in your comments, I will not approve them. We can still click on your name to visit your blog :)